In a nutshell
I am a full-stack staff developer who has worn many hats and worked with many teams of all sizes to build applications and services for a wide range of organizations including startups, not-for-profits, and fortune 500 companies.
I have been known to contribute to open source, write about technology, experiment with home automation, and advocate for cord-cutting. I like to build things to scratch my own itch like publier, a SaaS product that translates PLEX webhooks to actions on third-party services.
Staff Web Developer and Technical Lead @ ecobee
I started as a senior developer and quickly moved to a staff position. I have been the technical lead for two teams and have helped launch four recurring revenue subscription products ecobee SmartBuildings, ecobee Airfilters, ecobee Haven, and ecobee Pro Connect.
I led the design and development of the underlying scalable microservice architecture for most of these products and the integration with multiple partner platforms.
Software Engineer @ Acquia
Web Developer @ Myplanet
- Unofficially the Rōnin developer moving from project to project where needed to help different teams to meet critical deadlines.
- I developed an internal communication tool in my spare time which was adopted by the company and resulted in several open-source contributions.
Web Developer @ Freeform Solutions
- Lead developer on many Drupal and CiviCRM projects for not-for-profit organizations.
- Led initiatives to introduce DevOps to the development teams to improve the developer experience.\
- Due to the small team size, I wore many hats on different projects which included developer, scrum master, QA, designer, and technical account manager.
Freelance Drupal Developer
- Acquia certified Drupal developer
- Worked on a number of solo and team development projects.
- Focused on providing services to not-for-profit organizations and small businesses.
- Planning, architecting, design, theming, development, implementation, deployment, and training represent the wide range of services I provided.
Since the start of the pandemic, I have taken up several non-tech-focused hobbies including solving a Rubik's cube, juggling, and lockpicking. Basically, all things I wanted to learn as a kid.
University of Windsor
BSc, Computer Science
2000 – 2005